Monday, September 12, 2011

Easy to please

Human beings are a demanding lot. We want it all; food, shelter, clothes, gadgets, perfect politicians & government, the perfect spouse, perfect kid(s), so on and so forth. Some of us like surprises, some don't (for the most part I fall into the latter category since I'm a bit of a control freak lol). Contemplating on what makes us happy, can in fact make us very unhappy in the long run. Most of the time I try to focus on the now and not what has been or might be. Someday's I actually succeed.

In the past 2 weeks Kyle has had to make a trip to Texas and a trip to Louisiana without me. Both times I asked him to bring me something, both times he did. Other than telling him I wanted Brownies from Braum's, (if you love cherry limades, great ice cream, and great burgers you should check them out!), I didn't specify what I wanted him to bring home. He brought home fudge cake, brownies, their 9 grain bread, and milk. From his trip to Louisiana he brought me a fleece jacket & a really soft hoodie.

I gotta admit, I love my guy. He didn't have to bring me anything, but what he brought me was great. I love the food from Braum's. His reasoning for the fleece jacket was great.  He has one that has camo on the shoulders that I have pretty much taken over, so he bought me my own. The hoodie is great for fall days & will make a welcome addition to my wardrobe for the cooler weather.

Was it the moon? No. Was it something spectacular? Yes and no. It may not have been a gazillion dollar diamond ring (which I probably wouldn't wear because I am notoriously hard on rings), but it was something that I wanted/needed, that he recognized and proceeded to do something about.

The best things in life are free (so true), but the next best things are the simple things. Appreciating what you get, whether it be a jacket or the moon, goes a long way in making me easy to please.

Mrs. Martin

No comments:

Post a Comment