Friday, August 19, 2011

How time flies!

16 years ago today I married my best friend, I just didn't know it at the time. I'm not sure what demon possessed Kyle to ask me to marry him on that day, but I'm glad he did. Like any couple we have had our ups and downs. We've been through a cross country move from Texas to Tennessee with 2 children under the age of 3 and only the things we could fit into his El Camino and my little Honda. We survived my subsequent culture shock related to moving from the big city to a LITTLE BITTY town. 8 years of him driving a truck over the road and most recently the last 4 years which have included me being a full time student, him getting laid off and finding a different career, 2 teenagers and a 7 year old that makes the older 2 look like child's play.

Through it all we've managed to not kill each other (or the kids for that matter!) and have actually managed to grow as individuals, a couple, and as parents. Growing up neither of us had a template to show us what a marriage should be, so we made up the rules as we went. We knew what we didn't want to happen and built off of that.

All of this is amazing to me as I look back over the last 16 yrs. I couldn't ask for a better partner in my life. We balance each other out. He's quiet, I talk. He's introverted, I know no strangers. He is himself, I am me. Some how, some way we make it work.

So here's to you dear =)  Happy Anniversary, I hope we celebrate many more!
Here are a few pictures of the wedding many years ago :)
The happy couple!

He was 18 & I was 19 in this picture at the reception

My beautiful mom & I 

From this day forward...I love James Avery Jewelry, can you tell?

Isn't he handsome ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment