Friday, September 23, 2011

Frustration

Ok, I am at my wits end. My 7 yo has been kicked off of the school bus. I love my child I really do, but I am at a loss on how to teach him self-control (he has ADHD, but that is no excuse). Apparently he has been having issues in transitional periods at school (such as the lunch room) and on the bus. He was observed in class last week and his medication seems to be working for that, but we are getting some really nasty behavior when he's outside of class. He's disrespectful to everyone, regardless of how you phrase the question/statement, flies off the handle over very insignificant things, and is having difficulty keeping his hands & feet to himself. I don't know what to do.

I do know that somewhere in there is a very sweet child who is loving and curious, but for the life of me I don't know how to reach him. He reminds me of that nursery rhyme: "There was a little girl with a curl in the middle of her forhead, when she was good, she was very very good, but when she was bad she was HORRID!" That sums up my son. I really hope we can get this straightened out. He's a smart kid, but if he can't/won't control himself we are going to have some pretty severe issues.

Mrs. Martin

No comments:

Post a Comment