Sunday, May 5, 2013

New adventures

I'm not quite sure how this happened, but apparently I along with my husband, his sister, and her husband , will be participating it the http://greatamericanmudrun.com/, Now keep in mind that I don't run. Ever. Brisk walk, no problem. Running, no. However, according to my husband, he registered us last night.

In November the 16 yo also wants to participate in Run for your lives (http://www.runforyourlives.com/) which is a Zombie themed 5k. There is also an Zombie run the end of September that looks interesting.

So now begins the training. We have found a training schedule at http://www.coolrunning.com/ that is suited to our current fitness levels. So hopefully by mid-summer, my fat behind will be at least able to jog for 3.1 miles.

I know that this is not going to be easy. I'm still a smoker. Granted, I make a pack last 3-4 days but I still smoke. This will have to stop if I am to have enough stamina to do this.

It will also mean that we finally bite the bullet and change our eating habits more than we already have. Currently we eat red meat 3-4 times a week still, and more fried foods than are good for us. I'm still a sucker for a cherry coke from Sonic (sometimes it sucks living less than 1/2 a block from one lol).

So if any of you out there are runners and have suggestions and/or encouragement let me know. If you have beaten the smoking habit, let me know as well.

And last but not least, I challenge all of you that don't run or have a current fitness regime, to find a fun 5k to train for this year. There are zombie runs, color runs, glo runs, and more. They are less focused on your time in general and more on the fact that you finish period. Some like the mud run  are obstacle courses others you get doused with powdered color and the end of ever km. You never know, you might enjoy it!

No comments:

Post a Comment