Monday, June 27, 2011

My scribbles

I told you that I'm a closet thinker in my about me section, well I guess you would call me a closet writer too. I don't write enough to be commercial in any way, shape or form, but I do occasionally like to write, and it's usually poems. So, without further ado I will post some =)

Draw Me a Dragon
By Sarah Martin

Draw me a dragon
So I can hunt down its treasure
And philosophize for hours
After I’ve taken its measure

Draw me a dragon
So I can fly through the air
And see the world from afar
As we go here and there

Draw me a dragon
So I have a home for my soul
A place where it will be safe
And I know it will stay whole

Draw me a dragon
To show others who I am
Independent and intelligent
A hoarder of knowledge I am

Star struck
By:  Sarah Martin 04/28/11

Star struck child where do you go?
Your eyes are far away, seeing what I cannot
You go to places I never imagined
And leave us all behind
Star struck child were you with me just now?
Is my voice a tether or do you hear it at all
Simply a nuisance to bear till the next time you take off
Star struck child will you take me this time
To the wondrous places you go in your mind 

Don’t  Be Alarmed
By: Sarah Martin 06/24/11

Don’t be alarmed if I don’t go with you when you decide that you need entertainment
It’s not my job to ensure your happiness
Don’t be alarmed if I choose to be alone
It’s hard to listen to my own thoughts with everyone around
Don’t be alarmed if I choose not to conform to society’s rules
Some are outdated and quite harmful
Don’t be alarmed if I take off on my own journey
I don’t owe you an explanation
Don’t be alarmed because I am cynical and jaded
These eyes have seen more than you can imagine
Don’t be alarmed when I stick to my guns
Just because you did it differently, doesn’t mean that it applies to me
Don’t be alarmed when I hold you at arm’s length
Clinginess is a sign of insecurity & I know I’m not the one who is insecure
Don’t be alarmed when I pry your eyes open to something
‘Your mind is like a parachute, it only works when it’s open’
Don’t be alarmed when I make you think
Ah now you’re catching on
Don’t be alarmed when I tell you I love you
I will fiercely protect your right to just be you


 Well that's enough for now, I'm sure I'll post more later.

Mrs. Martin




No comments:

Post a Comment