Sunday, August 12, 2012

Doors and Windows

A few months ago I posted about finishing nursing school. Tomorrow I begin the 1st day of my career, 2.5 hours from home. I submitted many resumes and applications that were an hour and a half or less of a commute from my house....nothing. Zip, zilch, nada. I try a little further out and tada! Job

I won't say that it wasn't discouraging not getting any bites. However, I knew that I would eventually end up where I needed to be. I just had to be still enough to listen. Apparently I was open enough to see the open window. I start with a large non-profit hospital system tomorrow. The application, resume, and interview process was painless. Voila! I now have a job. 

I have found over the years that if I stop fighting the process, I get better results. I let it come to me. Granted, some people would call that lazy, but think about it. Which is better? Expend a bunch of time and energy chasing something, and forcing it to be the way I think  it should be. Or? Letting the universe set up the opportunity and taking advantage of it. While I know that this is a very simplified view of things, I feel that my time and energy is better spent seeing the opportunities around me and taking advantage of them instead of trying to force something. 

Anyways, here's a toast to doors and windows and seeing the possibilities and opportunities that lie through them! 

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment