Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Amarillo by morning...

Amarillo sunrise 03/7/12 in overlooking Wolflin Village

I know it's been a while since I've been on here. School has been insane and with Tanith turning 17 in January, I've been trying to cram those moments in as much as possible. I had to take a break though and make a delivery. By hand. In Amarillo.
I flew in yesterday and turned up on Mom's doorstep to deliver my graduation announcement in person. Now keep in mind I hadn't seen her in 4 years, and haven't been home in 10. 

Today we are spending the day together and I will get a closer look at all the changes time has wrought on my hometown. There are some that I have already noticed: there are now Starbucks in Amarillo...15 yrs ago when I left there were none, the grocery store by Mom's house is now a thrift store, and Western Plaza...well it's been demolished & rebuilt w/ a Burlington Coat factory. 

I'll post more as I notice, but for now I'm off to take a pretty lady out for breakfast =)

No comments:

Post a Comment